Performing various Tasks on Computer normally does require using Mouse and Keyboard Together to provide required input to the Application / Game with which you need to interact. While Mouse does allows you to Move Mouse Pointer anywhere on Screen and does allows you to Click on any Screen Location, using Keyboard along with Keyboard can allow you to use Keyboard Shortcuts and provide Alphanumeric and other input to your Computer.
In Order to effectively use Mouse and Keyboard together, arrange them both so that you can control them with both of your hands in a comfortable way. Depending on space available in your Office/ House or any other place at which you wish to use your Computer, if possible arrange a Computer Table or something like that which you can use to place your Mouse and Keyboard Devices. The Above Screenshot displays Keyboard and Mouse placed on a Computer Table with easy access to them.
What all you can do with Mouse and Keyboard ?
Depending on the Application or Game with which you are interacting, purpose and usage of your Mouse can differ. The given below example usages define commonly used actions with Mouse. Given below Actions are generic in nature and are not dependent on technology of your Mouse. Given below example Mouse Actions are applicable for Wired Mouse, Wireless Mouse, Gaming Mouse and even for Touch-pad of laptop Computers. Few Example Actions below use Keyboard together with Mouse making it easy to interact with underlying application.
- Move Mouse Pointer to anywhere on your Computer Screen.
- Press and Release Left or Right Mouse Button to send a Left or Right Mouse Click to the Application / Game Window which is under Mouse Cursor.
- Send a Double Left or Right Click to the underlying Application / Game by quickly pressing and releasing Left / Right Mouse Button 2 times.
- Control + Click can be done by using Keyboard and Mouse Together to select multiple Files / Folders in Windows Explorer. The behavior of Control + Click can be different depending on the Application being used.
- Similar to Control Click, you can use Shift + Left Click to select a Range of Files / Folders in Windows Explorer and other Applications.
- Use Scroll Wheel to vertically scroll through large Scrollable area. The Scroll Wheel can be really useful when the content you wish to view does not fits vertically on your Screen. A Quick example is Scrolling through content of any given Website like this one.
- Drag and Drop can be done with the Mouse allowing you to reorder / move visible elements on your Screen.
- Middle Mouse Click can be done by pressing the Scroll Wheel on your Mouse just like pressing Mouse Button for doing Left or Right Click.
Using Mouse and Keyboard Together does gives you lots of Combinations and provides you an efficient way to control your Computer and appropriate applications. Mouse and Keyboard both are input devices to your Computer and yes usage of Mouse and Keyboard does changes as per behavior of your Operating System and Applications / Games running on it.
Macintosh manufacturers their own Keyboard with Flat Keys as displayed in the Screenshot above. Pressing and Releasing Keystrokes on a Macintosh Keyboard is little bit different as compared to a Windows Keyboard. Physical Size of Mouse is also Important and must be chosen wisely to ensure that it fits easily in your palm and is easily controllable. Wireless Mouse and Keyboards can also be used when you do not want hassle of wires or at at a large distance than your Computer.